IpvDre After Hours #5
Four Day Work Weeks
Welcome to IpvDre After Hours #5.
I have an announcement, I landed my FIRST tech role as an IT Support Technician.
Finally, I feel “official.” I just finished my first week and it’s not bad at all.
One of the best parts about this job, is that it’s 95% remote. The other 5% is going on-site for projects and layer 1 issues.
All the news about WFH, inspired me to start applying to remote positions and what do you know? I landed one.
Stay tuned for more details on the YouTube channel in the coming weeks.
I’m also planning to launch a free content and media creation course for how to build your personal tech brand using videos, blogs and of course tailor your resume to facilitate your media presence.
I think it’s important to shift our perspective with regard to how to market ourselves so that interviewers know for a fact they want to work with you even before you step foot into that interview.
More on that later. But for now—Enjoy!
Four Day Work Weeks
Olivia Messer, a graphic designer at a digital marketing agency called Literal Humans, talks about the perks of a four day work week. Honestly, I never thought this would actually be tried in the real world. Too many employers are attached with the assembly line schedule of work, which proves to be inefficient across all industries. She says,
“‘I absolutely love it. I definitely find that I have a lot more motivation and energy to work on the days I am working,’ Messer said. ‘It’s a much better work-life balance.’” More
I’m beating up on social media again
I came across this video recently and it reminded me how annoying social media has become. I remember the days(I sound old) when you could get online and have conversations with people for hours on end. Im talking about Aol Instant Messenger(AIM), Myspace, or even Sconex. There were other chat platforms as well but I didn’t really use those. Then came Web 2.0, the zuckerbergization of the internet. Now, people are mindless zombies consuming mindless content. Not only that, they’re pretending that they’re a lot: richer, happier, more good looking, more successful, etc than they really are. There’s so much more to it but I’ll leave it there for now. More
Satellite phones are on their way
T-Mobile and Space X are working on connecting cell phones to satellites. We’ll be able to do everything from voice calls to texting. I think this is amazing. More
California is banning gas powered cars by 2035.
Very interesting. California wants to be zero emissions. By 2035. I wonder how people are going to respond to this. How is this possible? Will everyone have to suddenly buy EVs?
“In fact, the proposed ban on new gasoline or diesel engines has been in the works for some time; just under two years ago, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order requiring that from 2035, all new passenger cars and light trucks be zero-emissions.” More
NASA wanted to take the US back to the Moon.
On Saturday, September 3, Artemis 1 was suppose to launch for a Moon mission but had to scrap its plans due to a bad sensor. I’ve been fascinated with space ever since I was a little boy. I’m curious to see where this takes us(no pun intended). More
I really don’t like using Google Chrome. But my job requires that we use all of googles products so I currently have no other choice. There’s a new zero-day vulnerability in Chrome that hackers have been exploiting in the wild for awhile. Make sure you update your browser. More
Samsung with its second data breach of the year.
On Friday, Samsung reported that they had a data breach, the second one of this year, which put some customers data at risk. I think these data breaches happen a lot more than we think. And I think some companies simply don’t tell us until they have to. More
TikTok has been Breached?
“What's safe today often becomes a risk tomorrow. And what's a risk today often becomes a sure thing tomorrow...” - YANN GIRARD
Music of the Week
Album: Love Dream Infinite - Klimeks